Casentino is well known for a variety of different dishes. All types of vegetables, pasta, polenta, chestnuts, legumes, venison and bread are the building blocks of its genuine and traditional cuisine.
Our cooking classes will reveal numerous little secrets that are passed from mother to daughter and that are a fundamental component to insure the success of a true Casentinese meal.
In addition to trips to the local markets and the proper cooking lessons, which will be held in the kitchen of the Hotel San Lorenzo, the class will visit selected producers of products typical to the area. We will witness the making of pecorino and ricotta cheeses and visit butchers who use meats of special breeds of pigs and bovines not commonly used for industrial production.
Marina and Graziella will be our teachers for the duration of the course, charming you with their culinary skills. In the kitchen of the San Lorenzo, overlooking the Arno valley, the garden of the hotel and the surrounding hills we will cook, we will eat and we will drink together for a pleasant time to be had by all.
Once returned home you will be able to surprise your guests serving a series of dishes like the following:
- Figs and Prosciutto in butter pastry
- Mixed Crostini Platter (with spreads of Liver Patè/ Tomato/Anchovies and Butter)
- Spinach and Orange Salad
- Carpaccio of Porcini Mushrooms
- Tortelli with Butternut Squash, Onions and Speck
- Penne with Zucchini and Salmon
- Asparagus Risotto
- Grapes and Grappa Scaloppini
- Porcini Mushroom Tagliata
- Devil's Chicken
- Bell Pepper and Chives
- Carrot in Orange Sauce
- Zucchini with Tarragon
- Lemon Tiramisù
- Chocolate Tenerina Cake
Included in the cost of class are:
- 5 hours a day of class
- lunches and dinners inclusive of beverages
- Ingredients and utensils
- Transportation to and from markets, producers or scheduled fairs
- Our complementary San Lorenzo apron.